Thursday, 12 June 2014

American Adventure- The Journey Part 2

Hello beauties
So let's pick off where we left off hey? If you missed it you can read part one of my journey here.

So I landed in Chicago and got through security.. I don't think it'll matter how many times I do it American airport security and visa control always scare me! I also got patted down because I had a tissue and a pack of gum in my pocket. Ooops. 

Then I had about three hours to spare. So I got a starbucks to perk me up (White mocha, one shot of coffee, whipped cream) and wandered around. I took some pictures to actually prove I'd been in Chicago too.

I was a little worried because some flights were being delayed or cancelled including one to Louisville, Kentucky. I kept getting texts to say my gate had changed etc. By this point I just wanted to be there and wasn't feeling any delays. 

I managed to find a few spots to charge my phone and carried on reading my book: 'The Moment Keeper' by Buffy Andrews. I think I got this one free on my e-reader or for like less than a £1. It was good, if a little predictable.

As it happened our flight was delayed by like 15 mins max... but the way people complained you would think we were stuck there over night. Like, I get it.. it was late, we were tired and bit cranky but calllm down!

The flight to Kentucky was pretty smooth sailing, one hour or just reading my book and trying not to get too restless.. by this point my legs just wanted me to move around. We landed with a bump and at quite a pace which was a little scary. But being that it was a commercial flight on a small plane it didn't take long to get off. and finally.. I saw Kate!

Oh. How I've missed her. We hugged and squeaked and talked.. and my case was the second on the belt. Honestly, by this point I was exhausted it was gone midnight (5 am according to my body) but I was also loving catching up with Kate. 

We got back to Kate's apartment which is lovely (I'll maybe do a tour blog post) and I met her gorgeous pup, Ellie and her boyfriend, Les. 
and then I attempted to sleep... It was rough. My stomach was hurting, I was waking up every hour but eventually I managed to settle down until between 5am-9am. 

Yesterday was pretty chilled: I saw a bit of down town Lexington, we bought expensive juice from a hipster juice bar, browsed gorgeous clothes shops where I wanted to spend all my money and got a burger. and last night we went to Kate's parents for a BBQ which was really good but I was beginning to wilt a little.  

I went to bed at 10pm and slept through til 7am this morning and I feel a lot better today!
I don't think I'll be posting every day because some days probably aren't blogworthy, just me enjoying being with my best friend! But thank you for reading and your lovely comments :-). 

Until next time....

Remember you can follow me on bloglovin' for all my updates


  1. <3 <3
    Loved every minute!

  2. I'm glad you're feeling better today! Have loads of fun!! Xx

  3. Sounds like you're having a great time! I love travelling when you can just sit back and read a good book!
    Thanks for linking up with #WeekendBlogHop!

    1. Thanks so much, Vicky. and Thanks as always for the #WeekendBlogHop xx

  4. Have a great trip! The Chicago airport is the best when you have time to kill haha can't wait to see more updates :)

    1. Thanks so much :-) I enjoyed it but was pretty exhausted so couldn't make the most of it. I fly back via Houston but have only a little time. xx


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...