It's official.. I am a published author!!! A few months ago I was asked to prepare a recipe for a new cookbook and i'm excited to share the recipe with you today and the new cookbook.
The book contains 16 really healthy recipes with ideas for breakfast, lunch and dinner. and I have to say, they all look amazing and I can't wait to try some out!!
Check out my recipe below for Asian Tuna and Stirfry Vegetables - it's perfect for low-carb non workout days (if that's your thing) or lazy dinner, ready in 5 minutes days (if that's more your thing):
2 tuna Steaks
4 sprays 1 calorie oil spray
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 red chili - sliced
1 clove garlic - chopped finely or crushed
Stir fry vegetables - pre-packaged or decide on your own (carrots, bean sprouts, onion, chili, edamame beans are all good choices)
- Slice the chili and crush garlic
- Place tuna steaks in a shallow bowl or small lunch box
- Cover with soy sauce, garlic and chili
- Leave to marinade for at least half an hour but ideally overnight
- Heat a griddle or frying pan until very hot - add 1 tsp of oil or 2 sprays of low cal oil spray
- Once pan is very hot place tuna steaks - fry on each side for 3 mins (or less if you prefer rarer)
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan heat the remaining oil - once heated add the veg and stir fry for 5 minutes until all veg has softened. Stir in more low sodium soy sauce to preference.
- Pile vegetables on a plate and place tuna steak on top
Calories per serving (based on Asda Edamame Bean Stir Fry veg) : 194 calories
For more yummy, nutrient packed recipes download your FREE copy of the Body FX Cookbook here.